Use and reproduce our holdings
Reproduction: Notes to user
Reproduction of PRO holdings must comply with the Copyright Ordinance, Chapter 528 of the Laws of Hong Kong and other legal requirements. Further information on Copyright Ordinance:
- There are circumstances that prevent some holdings from being copied or photographed, such as for the preservation and protection of the archival records and restrictions imposed by the donors.
- All forms are also available at the PRO reference services counter. Approach PRO staff for assistance in case of doubts.
Self-service photocopy machine is located in the Search Room and only accepts Octopus card for payment. No receipt will be provided.
Microfilm readers / printers are located inside the Search Room. Submit request form before beginning your print job and make payment at the PRO reference services counter.
Reproduction order through PRO staff
If assistance is needed in reproducing holdings, users are required to submit completed form(s) and supply relevant documentation to the PRO reference services counter by e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by fax (852) 2804 6413 or in person. Forms are available online and at the PRO reference services counter.
Microfilm printout / Microfilm duplicate
Digital image copy
Fees and payment
PRO accepts cash, cash cheque (with "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" as the payee), bank draft (with "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region" as the payee) and telegraphic transfer payment (TT Payment). All payments should be made in Hong Kong currency.
Using personal photographic device in Search Room
Users are permitted to use their personal photographic device to take photographic images of our holdings subject to the following conditions:
- PRO staff is informed and approval is granted by the submission of request form.
- The physical condition of the record(s) is suitable for photography as assessed by GRS.
- User undertakes to observe the Copyright Ordinance.
Submit request form to the PRO reference services counter before using any personal photographic device in the Search Room.
Using audio-visual collection
Users are required to submit a completed request form and supply relevant documentation to the PRO reference services counter by e-mail ( email@example.com ) or by fax (852) 2804 6413 or in person for application of loan-out audio-visual materials.
Use our holdings: Acknowledgement
When any PRO holding is referenced in a publication, paper, exhibition or TV programmes etc., acknowledgment should be made to "Public Records Office, Government Records Service".